Gold-Sputtered Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone with 2 Interchangeable Capsules
- Professional gold-sputtered diaphragm condenser microphone for unsurpassed audio quality
- Ideal as main and support microphone for studio and live applications--perfect for acoustic instruments and overhead etc.
- 2 interchangeable capsules with cardioid and omnidirectional pickup patterns
- Pressure-gradient transducer with shock-mounted gold-sputtered diaphragm capsule
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off and input attenuation
- Ultra-low-noise transformerless FET input eliminates low-frequency distortion
- Gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector for highest signal integrity
- Rugged construction with satin nickel-plated brass body
- Stand adapter, windscreen, and transport case included
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
The single-diaphragm B-5 microphone is a home recording enthusiast’s dream come true! The B-5 comes with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules, making it a fantastic all-purpose condenser microphone. It is designed to capture your sounds with incredible realism, sensitivity, and accuracy, and is perfect for acoustic instruments, vocals, and overhead miking – and rugged enough to go the distance! With a heavy-duty suspension mount and windscreen included in the sleek aluminum case, the B-5 just may be the only microphone your studio will need.
What is a Condenser Mic?
Condenser microphones are the ideal choice for capturing vocals and acoustic instruments. They are the primary type of microphone used in recording studios and radio stations. The B-5 mic is capable of capturing much more detail than most dynamic microphones because of its wider and flatter frequency response. Another difference between condenser and dynamic mics is they contain active circuitry that requires phantom power (+48 V) for operation. You can power your B-5 using any phantom power-equipped BEHRINGER XENYX mixer – plus enjoy the benefits of our state-of-the-art XENYX mic preamps.
Why the B-5?
The B-5 is an affordable, high-quality way to put a gold-sputtered diaphragm condenser mic to work for you. It comes with two interchangeable capsules: omnidirectional for picking up sound on all sides of the mic, and cardiod for picking up the source signal while shunning off-axis sound. With its excellent transducer and gold-plated XLR output, the B-5 is very neutral sounding and truly delivers on the promise of noise-free transmission. It also features a switchable -10 dB attenuator to capture high-volume signal sources without distorting, as well as a low-cut filter to eliminate infrasonic caused by floor rumble and other turbulence.
But That’s Not All…
The B-5 condenser microphone is designed to be your go-to studio mic for many years to come. The tough, die-cast metal body can withstand the rigors of all those late-night recording marathons – and the included carrying case ensures your B-5 always travels in safety and style.
An excellent choice for both live and recording applications, the studio-grade B-5 condenser microphone is available at a price that will leave enough cash left over to secure other recording essentials. Now exclusive to Fastrak South Africa
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.