Tascam DR-22WL Handheld Linear Pcm Recorder
The DR-22WL is a streamlined model that has been designed to provide an easy-to-use interface so that anyone will be able to enjoy high-quality linear PCM recording without difficulty. For recording music played primarily on acoustic instruments, including acoustic guitars and wind and string instruments, this model is ideal. With its easy operation and high quality recording, this recorder can also be used for applications other than music, including for recording audio when capturing video with a digital SLR camera and for interviews.
Not only does this handheld recorder meet the demand for recording high-quality audio with ease, it also has advanced Wi-Fi functions for full remote control, streaming playback and file transfer.
TASCAM has once again revolutionized handheld recording! The DR-22WL creates its own Wi-Fi network, and a free dedicated app can be used for remote operation without touching the unit. Since the Wi-Fi transmission range is about 20m/65 feet, this feature can be used with the recorder in places that are normally out of reach. Not only does the app allow recording to be started and stopped, it can also be used to check and adjust input levels from an iOS or Android device. Everything related to recording can be done by Wi-Fi.
In addition, audio can be checked by Wi-Fi after recording. The audio quality can be checked through headphones connected to a smartphone. With operation capabilities and flexibility that exceeds infrared remotes - and reliability that approaches that of wired remotes - this handheld recorder allows freedom of placement that far surpasses that of previous models.
Starting with firmware version 2.0 it is also possible to connect via an existing router or access point. Advantages are that (1) you can use other web services like e-mail or sharing portals at the same time with your mobile device, and (2) Wi-Fi range thus control range might be larger, depending on the router capabilities. A direct connection, in contrast, is ideal when there is no Wi-Fi available or you don't have permission to use it.
Note: Checking audio via Wi-Fi is intended for use after recording.
- Choose which type of Wi-Fi connection to use: Simple direct connection (no router necessary) or connection via an existing Wi-Fi network (local router or access point)
- Remote control using the free DR CONTROL app (iOS/Android)
- Check recorded audio using wireless playback
- Supported WAV recording formats: 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24 bits, WAV/BWF format
- Supported MP3 recording format: 44.1/48 kHz, 32–320 kbps MP3
- Scene dial for instant setup of common recording applications
- Wi-Fi connection supports monitoring, transport control, level control, file transfer and more
- Easy Wi-Fi direct connection with Android/iOS or through an existing router or access point
- Dedicated Wi-Fi file transfer application for Windows/Mac available
- Unidirectional (cardioid) condenser microphones in X-Y configuration
- Can handle high sound pressure levels up to 120 dB SPL
- Improved microphone preamps for higher-quality audio
- Cirrus Logic AD/DA codec for low-noise, high-performance audio recording and low power consumption
- Recording media: SD/SDHC/SDXC card (up to 128GB SDXC card)
- Dual format recording function (WAV and MP3)
- Four-position low-cut filter (40/80/120/220 Hz)
- Peak-reduction function automatically sets the optimal level when peaks are detected in music recordings
- Limiter for overload protection
- Auto-recording function to automatically start recording based on input level
- Pre-recording function that can record up to 2 seconds prior to actual record start
- Self-timer recording function
- Mark function (manual or automatic by peak or by time)
- Information on the recording settings used and the current GPS position derived from a connected smartphone can be embedded in BWF files
- Variable Speed Audition (VSA) is ideal for practice and arrangement (50–150% change of speed)
- Key changing function with fine-tuning (±6 halftones)
- I-O loop playback function – ideal for rehearsal
- Resume function retains the last stop position when power is turned back on
- Audio files created on computer can be played back (only in formats compatible with this product)
- Divide function (manual or automatic by markers)
- Track division function creates new files during recording (manual or automatic by time or by level)
- Files and empty folders can be deleted
- Reverb effect for acoustic instruments and vocals
- Automatic power-saving function that prevents unnecessary use of battery power
- Metronome for rehearsal
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or date
- Long-time operation of over 17 hours using the internal batteries
- Stereo-mini headphones/line output with 20 mW output power per channel
- 128×128 graphic LCD with backlight
- Screw hole for tripod attachment
- USB 2.0 high-speed file transfer to/from computer
- Included accessories: SD card, 2 AA batteries, micro USB cable
- Powered by two AA batteries, optional AC adapter or USB bus power
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.