FILTAMP MODULE 1006
Legendary 2500 Series 24 dB Low-Pass VCF and VCA Module for Eurorack
- Classic 1006 analog FiltAmp module from the '70s
- Authentic reproduction of the circuitry from the "2500" Series
- Consists of a 24 dB transistor ladder low-pass filter followed by a discrete VCA
- Filter cut-off frequency is controlled by external control voltages and by the Frequency control
- 3 external VCF control voltage inputs with variable attenuation respond at 1 V/Octave
- A resonance or "peaked" response at cut-off is adjusted with the Resonance control
- 2 audio signals can be mixed and their relative amplitude adjusted
- VCA accepts the output from the VCF and modifies the output signal level according to the sum of the Gain control and external control voltages
- 2 external VCA control signals can be attenuated by front panel controls
- VCA mode can be selected as either Exponential or Linear
- Eurorack specs: 16 HP, XX mA +12 V, XX mA -12 V
The first 2500 series synth modules came out in the 70s and tended to be extremely expensive. They were mainly all discrete transistor designs with some op-amps as at the time op-amps were high cost. The discrete circuitry gave the modules a very distinctive sound and were used by artists like The Who, Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Kraftwerk and so many more, giving us some of the greatest records and film soundtracks we’ve ever heard. Modular synths were a landmark development in electronic music and today, it’s about to get better.
FILTAMP MODULE 1006
This is the Behringer 2500 series FILTAMP MODULE 1006. An authentic reproduction of the original “System 2500” circuitry from the 70’s that can fit in a standard Eurorack case. The best part? It’s at a very affordable price. Mix the FILTAMP MODULE 1006 in with your existing rig or start your modular synth journey from here. Either way you’re sure to have a lot of fun.
Filter and VCA
The FILTAMP MODULE 1006 is a classic voltage controlled 24 dB per octave low pass filter, the filter is a matched transistor ladder design followed by a matched transistor VCA for a vintage sound. The 1006 filter is equipped with a filter frequency control, a resonance control capable of self-oscillation, 3 summed CV inputs all with independent attenuators for maximum flexibility, the 2 filter signal inputs are also equipped with 2 dedicated attenuators so act as an input mixer.
The VCA has an amplifier gain control which is summed with the CV inputs, an exponential or linear response switch and 2 summed CV inputs with attenuators. All this lets you shape your sound to perfection.
Ins and Outs
The 1006 gives you comprehensive connectivity, Inputs A and B for the filter signal input, Keyboard CV input control the filter cutoff frequency. CV1 and CV2 inputs can be used for the filter frequency and the VCA for control or modulation via the 4 onboard CV attenuators for maximum control and finally a VCA output to feed the processed signal to other modules.
Installing the FILTAMP MODULE 1006 is easy as it is designed to fit into a standard Eurorack case. Just connect the power cables to the power supply and screw in the module using the included screws. This allows for the 1006 to be mixed with other synth modules for a truly unique set up.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.