Monitor Performance Starts with Driver Excellence
A monitor's drivers are the heart and soul of its performance. Driving the low-end and midrange, BX8-D3's 8-inch military-grade Kevlar® woofers are rigid and lightweight, delivering outstanding transient response whist negating unwanted cone breakup. BX8- D3's treated silk dome tweeter provides the perfect combination of low mass and the absence of audible resonances that plague conventional tweeters. Together, the BX drivers deliver critical detail, nuance and dynamic accuracy, so your mixes have the veracity and transparency you demand.
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio's BX8-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. BX8-D3 monitors have a rear-mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, BX8-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). BX8-D3's tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency scatter, whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy location of the optimum listening position, the BX8-D3's front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you're located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, BX8-D3's iconic design on the front panel. M-Audio's famous keyhole shape is more than just an attractive look: This special fastener-less design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from our drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the BX8-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The BX8-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
At M-Audio, we understand no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the BX8- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX8-D3's special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX8-D3's sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the BX8-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, BX8-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
- Bi-amplified design with 150 watts (80 LF, 70 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 8" Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1.25" natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- Computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4? balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Wide range 37-22kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- TYPE 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- Low freq. Driver 8 inch (203 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround, magnetically shielded
- High freq. Driver 1.25 inch (32mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- Frequency response 37hz - 22khz
- Crossover frequency 2.0khz
- Low freq. Amplifier power 80w
- High freq. Amplifier power 70w
- Input sensitivity -12dbu
- Input connectors 1x xlr balanced input connector 1x trs balanced/unbalanced input connector
- Input impedance 10k? balanced, 20k? unbalanced
- Polarity Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- Protection rf interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power voltage: 100?120v, 50/60 hz / 220?240v, 50/60 hz consumption: 150w
- Cabinet vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency mdf
- Dimensions(width x depth x height) 9.8? x 11.9? x 15.1? / 250 x 302 x 384 mm
- Weight 23.1 lb / 10.5 kg
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.