Analog Synthesizer with 32 Full-Size Keys, 3340 VCO with 4 Simultaneous Waveforms, VCF, NovaMod FM Sources, 32-Step Sequencer, Arpeggiator and Live Performance Kit
- Amazing monophonic synthesizer with authentic 3340 analog oscillator for insanely fat music creation
- 32 semi-weighted full-size keys for great playability
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO, VCF, and VCA designs to recreate the classic sound performance
- Oscillator with 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms: saw, triangle, square/pwm, and octave-divided square sub-oscillator
- Resonant VCF can be modulated with ADSR, LFO, keyboard tracking, and bender controller
- 6 FM sources based on NovaMod* allow for creative VCF modulation and unheard of filter effects
- ADSR envelope generator for incredible waveshaping
- Easy-to-use 32-step sequencer with 64 sequence locations
- Arpeggiator with wide patterns for great sound effects
- Attachable handgrip included with pitch bend wheel and pitch modulation trigger
- Guitar strap included for live jamming on stage
- Bender assignable to VCO, VCF, and pitch mod wheel on attachable handgrip
- Noise generator can be used as a modulation source for distortion-like effects
- Incredible portamento function for fantastic sound effects
- Pulse wave can be modulated by LFO, envelope and manually
- 57 sliders and switches to give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
An ultra-affordable homage to that iconic synthesizer with all the features of the original and then some, such as a 32-step sequencer, arpeggiator, and live performance kit, the MS-1-RD lets you conjure up virtually any sound with incredible finesse and ease. With its 32 semi-weighted full-size keys, pure analog signal path, authentic 3340 VCO with 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms, plus extremely flexible VCF and VCA filters, the MS-1-RD is sure to become your favorite keyboard.
True to the Original
Great care has been taken in engineering the MS-1-RD, including the true to the original analog circuitry, legendary VCO, VCF and VCA designs, all of which combine to make it easy to recreate the classic sound performance. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the MS-1-RD its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones to stunning effects.
MS-1-RD’s authentic 3340 Voltage Controlled Oscillator (VCO) provides an incredible range of 4 simultaneously-mixable waveforms for sculpting the perfect sound. Options include saw, triangle, square/pwm, and octave-divided square sub-oscillator. Additionally, the VCO can be adjusted across a wide, 4-octave range (16', 8', 4', and 2'). This amazing flexibility gives you the tools needed to be your creative best.
The very heart of MS-1-RD’s sound is its highly-flexible Voltage Control Filter (VCF), which includes faders for cutoff Frequency (10 Hz to 20 kHz); Resonance (0 to self-oscillation); Envelope and Modulation depth, and Keyboard follow (0 to 100%) to dial in the perfect sound. MS-1-RD’s VCF can be modulated via the ADSR, keyboard tracking, and Bender controller. The Frequency Modulation (FM) Amount knob sets the depth, while the FM Source selector lets you further modify the signal by choosing from pulse; sawtooth; sub-oscillator 1 octave down; 2 octaves down; narrow 2 octaves down, and Noise.
The Envelope, Please...
MS-1-RD’s Envelope generator features 4 ADSR (Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release) faders that help you craft incredible sounds, and utilizes a 3-position switch for Gate, Gate + Trigger, and LFO. When applied to the Voltage Control Amplifier (VCA), the ADSR envelope is used to control the level of the note being played over time. When applied to the VCF, the ADSR envelope is used to control the cut-off frequency of the filter for each note played over time. In addition, the ADSR envelope can also be used to affect the VCO pulse width modulation.
Onboard Sequencer & Arpeggiator
MS-1-RD’s sequencer allows you to program up to 32 steps of notes and rests and save them as a pattern. You can record, save and recall up to 64 patterns, all of which can be stored in the 8 banks, each holding up to 8 patterns. Your sequences can be played either in Keyboard mode, where you create and store the pattern, or Step mode, which allows you to interact while composing a pattern. The onboard Arpeggiator features 8 patterns (you can use just by playing a chord, which the arpeggiator then sequences through your selected pattern.
Own the Stage
When you’re ready to strut your stuff and get a little centerstage time, the MS-1-RD has that covered too! Just attach the included guitar strap and handgrip (with a pitch bend wheel and a pitch modulation trigger), and take your performance to the next level. Why should singers and guitar players get all the limelight – carve out a little of your own!
Modulate Me to the Max!
The noise generator can also be used as a modulation source to create distortion-like effects, which will send your solo soaring into the stratosphere. Glide (portamento) lets you sweep seamlessly over time from one note to the next, creating smooth-as-silk transitions that few other instruments can emulate. MS-1-RD’s Bender is also assignable to the VCO, VCF, and pitch mod wheel on attachable handgrip.
Controls & Connectivity
Behringer just can’t help themselves. For those who want the numbers, MS-1-RD has 57 knobs, faders, and switches, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the joy back into your music creation. Input and output connections include MIDI I/O and Thru over USB/MIDI DIN; Velocity Out; CV; Gate; External Clock In; VCF CV In; Hold; External Audio; Phones; and main Output
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.