Please be informed that this item comes with an international adaptor, you will need to get SA converter for it.
I/O Box with 16 Remote-Controllable Midas Preamps, 8 Outputs, and AES50 Networking featuring Klark Teknik SuperMAC Technology
- 16 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analogue, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik's SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- ULTRANET connectivity for Behringer's P16 personal monitoring system
- Digital audio and control connectivity for Turbosound speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading additional S16, SD16 or SD8 stage boxes?no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Dual ADAT outputs providing 16-channel digital output on two optical TOSLINK* connectors
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between Behringer X32 Series console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. Now we have come up with the perfect solution for connecting the onstage talent with your Front of House (FOH) console, and the rest of the world – the ultra-cool and ultra-affordable S16 Digital Snake! The S16 provides 16 MIDAS-designed remote-controllable mic preamps, plus 8 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end – and all it takes is a single Cat 5e cable. While KLARK TEKNIK, the industry-leader in high-end digital audio processing, invented the SuperMAC technology that made it all.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
MIDAS has earned its impeccable reputation due to its no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S16 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 32 mic/line inputs, 16 balanced outputs, and the awesome POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System – which can feed up to 48 individual monitor mixers. Behringer also included 2 optical ADAT sockets for connecting channels 1 - 8 and 9 - 16 to outboard devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC – and MIDI I/O for lighting systems and sound module control.
Standalone Snake Mode
The S16 was initially designed with our flagship X32 Digital Mixing Console in mind, but any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can still tap into the S16’s powerful feature set. So even if the gig calls for an analog board, you can quickly assemble a couple of S16s and ADA8200s to create a high-performance, lightweight 16 x 16 digital snake – with full remote preamp control.
Remotely Controllable Preamps Make Setup a Breeze
S16’s ingenious monitoring/head amp control section allows you to select any of the 16 inputs, 8 bus outputs, or P-16 output streams for immediate line checks. In addition, to signal metering at the stage box, you can also set individual input channel Gain, apply +48 V phantom power – and listen directly to the input signal via headphones, and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for total system security.
Seamless Integration with P-16 Personal Monitoring System
The ULTRANET port on the S16 lets you connect directly to our POWERPLAY P-16 system, which provides an easy and affordable way to give your musicians and vocalists what they really want – “more me!” P16-M Personal Mixers let each performer take control of what they hear, allowing you to concentrate on providing the audience with the best possible listening experience. Fast and easy to set up, a basic system can be installed and configured in a matter of minutes, and the system can be expanded to adapt to changing needs.
As you can see, the S16 is an extremely versatile 16 x 8 digital stage box solution with remote-controllable MIDAS-designed mic preamps, KLARK TEKNIK’s AES50 connectivity, and a wealth of other professional-grade features – all at a price anyone can afford! Built tough enough to withstand the rigors of the road, the S16 only takes up two rack spaces and connects to FOH with a single, inexpensive Cat 5e cable. Now you can have the missing link between the stage and FOH at a fraction of the cost of competing systems.
Orders received Monday to Friday before 12 pm will be dispatched the same day.
Orders received Monday to Thursday after 12 pm will only be dispatched the following day.
Orders received from after 12 pm on Friday to Sunday will be dispatched on the following Monday.
Delivery on orders placed online will take between 2-5 working days. Please keep an eye on your e-mail notifications as we will be sending you order updates. You will also receive an e-mail with a waybill number that you can track by visiting:
- "Harmonious Harmony: Enjoy Free Shipping Above R1500"
- Elevate your shopping experience to the pinnacle of savings with our Harmonious Harmony offer. When your cart serenades above R1500, the music of free shipping begins, turning your sound equipment dreams into a symphony of affordability.
- For those who prefer to keep it light on the wallet, Benjamin's Bargain offers you shipping at just R100 for orders under R500. Enjoy the rhythm of affordability while bringing home the audio gear you crave.
- Hitting the sweet spot in your shopping spree? Experience Midway Melodies, where shipping is just R150 for orders ranging from R500 to R1000. It's the ideal balance between quality sound and wallet-friendly prices.
- When you're diving deep into audio bliss, embrace the Soundwave Surcharge, offering shipping at R200 for orders between R1000 and R1500. Your investment in premium sound just got even more worthwhile.
*Please note: Fastrak will not be held responsible if for reasons outside of our control the delivery is delayed.