Samson Q8X Pneumatic shockmount,Supercardioid,150dB SPL,50Hz-16kHz
From the manufacturer
Question the Status Quo.
Samson's flagship Q8x Professional Dynamic Vocal Microphone provides the ultimate in sound reproduction for live and studio vocal and instrument performances. This high output mic faithfully captures a wide dynamic range with exceptional mid-range clarity. Its supercardioid pickup pattern provides maximum gain before feedback, while an updated body design and pneumatic capsule shockmount minimize handling noise.
Why So Superior?
The Q8x's superior reproduction stems from the linear frequency response of its neodymium dynamic mic element. The response is flat with a slight lift around 8kHz. This makes fitting vocals in live mixes extremely easy with minimal EQ adjustments. The mic also features a supercardioid pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection. This enables the Q8x to pick up all the nuances of any performance with maximum volume and clarity, while reducing feedback and unwanted signals not originating in front of the mic. In addition, a high saturation level audio transformer further rejects hum and noise.
Not Just for Vocals
The Q8x is not just a great live vocal mic. It's an extremely versatile tool in the studio, perfect for numerous recording applications. As the Q8x is equipped to withstand high sound pressure levels up to 150dB SPL, it allows vocals to sound huge and crystal clear, but can also handle close miking instruments such as piercing snare drums, screaming guitar cabinets and much more.
New and Improved
With a newly-designed rugged die-cast body and hardened steel grille, along with an improved pneumatic capsule shockmount for minimizing handling noise, the Q8x provides reliable performance in even the most demanding environments.
- Premium dynamic vocal microphone with exceptional mid-range clarity
- Neodymium dynamic mic element for wide dynamic range
- High output, low impedance design
- Supercardioid pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection
- High saturation level audio transformer rejects hum/noise
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 50Hz–16kHz
- Handles high SPLs of up to 150dB for close miking situations
- Improved pneumatic capsule shockmount minimizes handling noise
- Rugged die cast body, hardened steel grille
- Includes mic clip and zipper pouch
- Element: Dynamic
- Magnet structure: Neodymium
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz – 16 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Supercardioid (unidirectional)
- Impedance: 300 ohms balanced (low-Z)
- Sensitivity: -54 dBV/pa (2.5 mV/pa)
- Max SPL: 150 dB SPL
- Microphone Connector: 3-pin, XLR-type
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm causes positive voltage on pin 2 ref. Pin 3
- Accessories: Mic clip, zipper pouch
- Dimensions: 7.09” x 2.125” (180mm x 54mm)
- Weight: 0.97lb (0.44kg)
Shipping is free for all orders over R 500.00, otherwise shipping costs are R120.
Orders received Monday to Friday before 12pm will be dispatched the same day.
Order received from after 12pm on Friday to Sunday will be dispatched on the following Monday.
If you live in Gauteng or a major city such as Durban, Bloemfontein, Nelspruit etc, your order should be delivered within 24 hours once shipped
If you live in a major city in the Eastern or Western Cape, your order should be delivered within 48 hours once shipped
If you live in an outlying area, your order can take from 72 hours to a week to be delivered.
Please note: Fastrak will not be held responsible if for reasons outside of our control the delivery is delayed.