“Applicant” means the person providing the consent and giving the undertaking in terms of this document.
“Company” means Fastrak Trading 650 Proprietary Limited and/or any of its subsidiaries.
“Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person including, but not limited to, their academic transcripts, employment history, criminal records, contact information, financial information, name, age, identity number, race, gender, national or ethnic origin, colour, or age, which list is not exhaustive and further detailed in POPIA.
“POPIA” means the Protection of Personal Information Act, No. 4 of 2013 as amended from time to time.
“PAIA and POPIA Manual” means the company’s manual that deals with data processing requirements as set out in POPIA, this can be accesses from the company on request.
“Processing” and/or “Process” means any manual or automated activity concerning Personal Information such as collecting, disseminating, storing, or updating Personal Information, which list is not exhaustive and is further detailed in POPIA; and
“Third Party Service Provider” means any service provider appointed by the company to provide services subject to an agreement that sets out the terms and conditions of their appointment and in particular their obligation to Process Personal Information that belongs to the Applicant in accordance with POPIA.
By signing of this Agreement, I hereby confirm that:
- I have applied to the company for employment.
- I consent to the company personally or by means of a Third-Party Service Provider
- Collecting and capturing my Personal
- Storing my Personal Information for the period required to establish my suitability for any current or future employment opportunities at the
- Verifying my identity, the Personal Information I have provided and my suitability for the role, by conducting background checks on my credit, criminal, and employment
- Unless the company is required to do so by law, my Personal Information shall not be shared with any third party other than the company’s Third-Party Service Providers, without my express
- I understand that:
- I have the right to object to the Processing of my Personal
- My Personal Information shall be Processed solely for the purpose outlined above, being to establish my suitability for any current or future employment opportunities at the company.
- My personal information will be permanently discarded by the company upon my express request and subject to the requirements set out in the POPIA and PAIA
- The company may need to conduct background checks or verify the information that is provided. The company may therefore pass certain information onto Third Party Service Providers to do this on its behalf. On request, the company shall disclose the results of such process, if any was conducted, to me for comment, before a decision is made on my employment
- Personal Information shall be Processed by the company in compliance with POPIA and in accordance with its POPIA and PAIA Manual.
- Insofar as any of the company’s obligations in terms of this form are subcontracted to a Third-Party Service Provider, the company shall procure written undertakings, from such Third-Party Service Providers, that they will comply with the provisions of POPIA.