Behringer BEQ700 Ultimate 7-Band Graphic Equalizer
Ultimate 7-Band Graphic Equalizer
- Shape your sound and eliminate feedback with 7 bands of equalization
- This Behringer product has been designed to compete head to head with leading products on the market
- Wide frequency range from 50 Hz to 10 kHz with a powerful 15 dB boost/cut per band
- Status LED for effect on/off and battery check
- Runs on 9 V battery or the Behringer PSU-SB DC power supply (not included)
- First-class electronic On/Off switch for noise-free operation
- Designed and engineered in Germany
Master of Tone
With 15 dB available boost or cut per band, the BEQ700’s seven frequency bands have been carefully chosen to provide the ultimate tools for EQing the bass guitar, even extended range instruments. Of course, to make full use of its capabilities, you should first understand some basics about the frequency range of your axe.
The BEQ700 covers the audio spectrum from below 50 Hz to over 10 kHz, allowing you to effectively cut or boost specific frequencies that help focus your sound. Special attention has been paid to the critical midrange frequencies, which can either make or break your sound. The following section offers tips that will have you sculpting the perfect bass sound in no time at all.
How Does Equalization Work?
Imagine the audio frequency range as a very wide highway with lots of “lanes”. Each of these lanes represents a specific frequency band.
The lanes on the left side contain the really low frequency content, mainly bass, bass vocals, and the kick and tom drums
The middle lanes make up the fundamental zone of most musical instruments and the male and female vocals
The right-hand lanes have all the high-frequency stuff , such as snare drums, cymbals, higher pitched percussion instruments and the content that adds sizzle to the mix
Applying EQ to Bass Instruments
When frequencies from 20 Hz - 200 Hz are boosted or cut, the bass is affected dramatically, since sounds in this range are often felt, as well as being heard. Boosting frequencies within this range can increase the sensation of power and punch. Conversely, reductions in this range can weaken or muddy low-frequency response.
The fundamental notes of most basses fall within the 40 Hz - 1000 Hz range. Even slight changes in this range can cause a tremendous variation in overall bass energy and impact, as the human ear is especially sensitive to this range. Boosting frequencies around 200 Hz often gives the bass warmth and body, without a loss of definition, while boosting frequencies in the 500 Hz to 1000 Hz range tend to make bass sounds brittle. Often, better EQ results can be achieved by reducing the frequency bands that are off ending, and by turning up the overall volume rather than boosting one specific band.
How the specific frequency bands of the BEQ700 can shape your sound
50 Hz (sub-bass)
Boost: To thicken up sub-bass content, which is mostly felt rather than heard
Cut: To eliminate stage “rumble” and sub-bass content that can rob sound system power
120 Hz (soft bass)
Boost: To enhance the lower end of the bass spectrum
Cut: To reduce the tendency of low frequency content to overwhelm a small room
400 Hz (hard bass)
Boost: To enhance the “hard” bass punch of fundamental tones
Cut: To reduce punch for better linkage with the kick drum
Boost: or Cut: To control clarity and warmth
Boost: To add an aggressive edge to the overall bass sound
Cut: For reducing somewhat nasal or horn-like content
Boost: To make the bass cut through the mix. Creates a more distinctive plucked tone
Cut: To eliminate harshness
Boost: To bring out the upper harmonics and add edge to the overall bass tonality
Cut: Apply a cut to reduce harsh high-frequency content or hiss
Orders received Monday to Friday before 12 pm will be dispatched the same day.
Orders received Monday to Thursday after 12 pm will only be dispatched the following day.
Orders received from after 12 pm on Friday to Sunday will be dispatched on the following Monday.
Delivery on orders placed online will take between 2-5 working days. Please keep an eye on your e-mail notifications as we will be sending you order updates. You will also receive an e-mail with a waybill number that you can track by visiting:
- "Harmonious Harmony: Enjoy Free Shipping Above R1500"
- Elevate your shopping experience to the pinnacle of savings with our Harmonious Harmony offer. When your cart serenades above R1500, the music of free shipping begins, turning your sound equipment dreams into a symphony of affordability.
- For those who prefer to keep it light on the wallet, Benjamin's Bargain offers you shipping at just R100 for orders under R500. Enjoy the rhythm of affordability while bringing home the audio gear you crave.
- Hitting the sweet spot in your shopping spree? Experience Midway Melodies, where shipping is just R150 for orders ranging from R500 to R1000. It's the ideal balance between quality sound and wallet-friendly prices.
- When you're diving deep into audio bliss, embrace the Soundwave Surcharge, offering shipping at R200 for orders between R1000 and R1500. Your investment in premium sound just got even more worthwhile.
*Please note: Fastrak will not be held responsible if for reasons outside of our control the delivery is delayed.