Reference-Class 2-Channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter with Integrated De-Esser, Dynamic Enhancer and Tube Simulation
- Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) program-adaptive compression circuitry combines the advantages of hard-knee and soft-knee characteristics
- Integrated De-esser with switchable male/female voice recognition removes excessive sibilance from your vocal tracks
- IGC (Interactive Gain Control) peak limiting circuitry combines clipper and program limiter for reliable and inaudible protection against signal peaks
- Switchable dynamic Enhancer for brilliant, lively audio even with heavy compression
- IRC (Interactive Ratio Control) expander/gate circuitry for virtually inaudible noise suppression
- Switchable Tube simulation for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry
- Automatically or manually adjustable attack and release times
- Switchable Low contour filter prevents "pumping" due to low-frequency dominated compression
- Stereo couple function with independent output level settings
- Switchable side chain input with monitor function
- Separate 12-segment LED meters for input/output levels and gain reduction
- Dedicated "traffic light" Threshold and De-esser level displays
- Servo-balanced inputs and outputs with ¼" TRS and gold-plated XLR connectors
- Relay-controlled hard bypass switch with auto bypass function in case of power failure
- Internal switch-mode power supply (100 - 240 V~) for noise-free audio and low power consumption
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 V2
The reference-class MDX2600 is a marvelous dual-channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter that is ideal for: compressing mono/stereo signals and providing virtually inaudible noise suppression, without loss of high frequencies; increasing vocal presence and energy; and limiting, or smoothing out extremely-high signal peaks. Additionally, the MDX2600 features an integrated Dynamic Enhancer, De-Esser, Low-Contour filter and our revolutionary, switchable Tube simulation – for the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry. Put simply, the MDX2600 can do amazing things for your vocals or instruments – providing virtually everything you need for studio-quality dynamics processing!
Audio Dynamics Toolkit
THere are just a few of the MDX2600’s outstanding capabilities:
Switchable IKA (Interactive Knee Adaptation) – provides program-adaptive compression, combining all the advantages of both hard and soft-knee compression
IGC (Interactive Gain Control) – combines clipper and program limiter for reliable, inaudible protection against signal peaks
Enhancer – lets you emphasize the Bass, Midrange and Hi output at selectable frequencies for maximum punch, clarity and detail – without raising overall volume
Tube Simulation – provides the extra warmth and transparency of classic tube circuitry, creating a sound rich in harmonic content
De-Esser – “must-have” tool with switchable male/female voice recognition for reducing sibilance, while preserving natural voice timbre – often used to enhance upper-mid, to high-frequency smoothness in vocals, drum overheads, strings, etc.
Side Chain – allows insertion of graphic/parametric EQ to reduce specific frequencies – also often used to “tighten up” tracks using an internal or external signal to trigger compression, or gating of signal being processed (ex. using bass guitar signal to un-gate kick drum)
Stereo Couple – links both channels, allowing Channel 1 dials and switches to provide dynamics control over both channels (true stereo processing)
Revolutionary Tube Simulation
The secret behind the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600’s incredible sound is our Tube Modeling processor, which exudes the very essence of tube and compression. This amazing circuitry accurately emulates the performance characteristics of highly sought-after classic tube compressors, creating a sound that is so rich in harmonic content – you’ll wonder where we hid the tubes!
The MDX2600 features amazingly-accurate 12-segment LED meters for In/Out Level and Gain Reduction, switchable +4 dBu or -10 dBV operating level, Side Chain I/O, and servo-balanced XLR and 1/4" Inputs and Outputs. Best of all, the COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 takes up just a single rackspace.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.