Please be informed that this item comes with an international adaptor, you will need to get SA converter for it.
I/O Stage Box with 8 Remote-Controllable Midas Preamps, 8 Outputs, AES50 Networking and ULTRANET Personal Monitoring Hub
- 8 Midas-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik?s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- 2-port ULTRANET distribution hub for powered connection of 2 Behringer P16-M personal monitoring mixers
- Digital audio and control connectivity for Turbosound speaker systems with ULTRANET networking capability
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for installed and mobile applications
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading multiple units?no merger or router required
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330 ft / 100 m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Ultra-compact and roadworthy, all-steel chassis
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
Digital mixing has revolutionized virtually everything in the live-entertainment production workflow. Now we’ve come up with the perfect solution for connecting the onstage talent with your Front of House (FOH) console, and the rest of the world – the ultra-cool and ultra-affordable SD8 Stage Box! The SD8 provides 8 MIDAS -designed remote-controllable mic preamps, 8 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end, plus an integrated 2-port ULTRANET distribution hub for direct connection to our P16-M personal monitor mixers – without any additional hardware required.
Plus the SD8 is extremely compact and comes with rugged protective bumpers, so you can toss them directly on stage wherever you need them. The best part – all it takes is a single shielded CAT5e cable per stage box (up to 330 ft / 100 m length). And If you need more inputs, or just want to keep your cable runs short and tidy, putting an SD8 at stage front and another behind the drum riser gives you an additional 8 inputs for drum and guitar/ bass amp mic’ing.
When used as part of a complete X32 system, as many as six SD8 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports to provide up to 48 balanced XLR Combo inputs and 48 balanced XLR outputs. An onboard ULTRANET distribution hub provides power and 16 channels of audio to 2 BEHRINGER POWERPLAY P16-M personal monitor mixers per SD8, all via inexpensive shielded CAT5e cabling – and without any additional hardware. Two of the programmable inputs are also compatible with Hi-Z sources, so you can connect keyboards, acoustic and bass guitars, etc., with no DI box required. The SD8 also features a USB port for fast and easy system updates via your PC.
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations world-wide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.
MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry’s best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of Award-winning audio quality.
BEHRINGER is proud to incorporate MIDAS designed mic preamps for the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website
Remotely Controllable Preamps Make Setup a Breeze
The SD8 Stage Box is a studio/live sound engineer’s dream come true. Setup is extremely easy, with virtually all parameter control taking place at the console – including the award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, +48 V phantom power, destination routing, etc. Just put the SD8 where you want it, run a few CAT5e, mic and instrument cables – and head for the console. The SD8 makes setting the stage up virtually foolproof!
8 Servo-Balanced XLR Outputs
The SD8 features 8 XLR balanced outputs, allowing you to connect to your amp racks, active loudspeakers and monitors. Thanks to its reference-class Cirrus Logic* 24-bit converters, SD8’s digital operation eliminates even the slightest possibility of Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) and crosstalk. You get ultra-pristine audio performance, no matter your application – something unheard of in this class!
ULTRANET – Seamless Integration
The world-renowned engineers at KLARK TEKNIK , MIDAS , TURBOSOUND and BEHRINGER have all come together to create something truly innovative that will change your live and studio workflow forever – welcome to ULTRANET. This revolutionary technology seamlessly transmits up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data via a single CAT5e cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Advantages realized through ULTRANET digital networking, versus traditional analog methods, include: all audio signals are impervious to Radio Frequency Interference (RFI); signal crosstalk is eliminated, and ease of use translates directly into a significant amount of time saved during show setup or installation. And the SD8’s onboard ULTRANET distribution hub supplies phantom power over CAT5e directly to your P16-M Personal Monitoring Mixers, eliminating the need for external power adapters. ULTRANET effectuates a powerful digital eco-system that gives you unparalleled ease of deployment, performance and control for BEHRINGER P16 Personal Monitoring Systems and TURBOSOUND iQ Speaker Series.
As you can see, the SD8 is an extremely versatile 8 x 8 digital stage box solution with remote-controllable MIDAS-designed mic preamps, KLARK TEKNIK’s AES50 connectivity and a wealth of other professional-grade features – all at a price anyone can afford! Built tough enough to withstand the rigors of the road, the SD8 connects to FOH with a single, inexpensive CAT5e cable. Now you can have the missing link between the stage and FOH at a fraction of the cost of competing systems – and we back it with a comprehensive warranty program.
Orders received Monday to Friday before 12 pm will be dispatched the same day.
Orders received Monday to Thursday after 12 pm will only be dispatched the following day.
Orders received from after 12 pm on Friday to Sunday will be dispatched on the following Monday.
Delivery on orders placed online will take between 2-5 working days. Please keep an eye on your e-mail notifications as we will be sending you order updates. You will also receive an e-mail with a waybill number that you can track by visiting:
- "Harmonious Harmony: Enjoy Free Shipping Above R1500"
- Elevate your shopping experience to the pinnacle of savings with our Harmonious Harmony offer. When your cart serenades above R1500, the music of free shipping begins, turning your sound equipment dreams into a symphony of affordability.
- For those who prefer to keep it light on the wallet, Benjamin's Bargain offers you shipping at just R100 for orders under R500. Enjoy the rhythm of affordability while bringing home the audio gear you crave.
- Hitting the sweet spot in your shopping spree? Experience Midway Melodies, where shipping is just R150 for orders ranging from R500 to R1000. It's the ideal balance between quality sound and wallet-friendly prices.
- When you're diving deep into audio bliss, embrace the Soundwave Surcharge, offering shipping at R200 for orders between R1000 and R1500. Your investment in premium sound just got even more worthwhile.
*Please note: Fastrak will not be held responsible if for reasons outside of our control the delivery is delayed.